Monday, January 24, 2011

Are you kidding me?



Just this morning as I was managing my Paperback Swap account I saw this book posted on the main page. My initial reaction was that it must be a bad title for a book about something else, but I was so shocked and disturbed that I went to Amazon to check into what the book was about and sure enough it is truly a book for children loaded with crude, disgusting potty humor. Who in their right mind would allow their children to read such garbage? And furthermore, who in their right mind would ever consider publishing this kind of junk? Can you imagine any publisher publishing this 100 years ago? How about even 50 years ago? How have we gone so far downhill in this nation? What will be next as we continue this downward spiral?
And what about the children of this nation? Do we care about teaching maturity and responsibility to children anymore? Or do we just want to keep them in a constant state of immaturity as long as they are entertained and reading a book? What do we want to feed their minds with? What possible good can come from reading such a book? I don't know about you, but I am disturbed to think that this is the fodder we are feeding the upcoming generation in our nation!
The Bible tells us in Philippians 4:8:
"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things."
No one can tell me that this garbagre fits into any of these categories.
Please tell me America, am I the only one that finds this offensive and extremely disturbing? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. MANDI!!!!! I was so excited to find you had moved over to blogspot! Now I can follow your blog again...it was so hard to keep up with all the bloggy friends I had made on HSB...but more and more are coming over here. I just found another former HSB blogger today that moved. I just love the "blogs I'm following" reading list page on the dashboard, it makes it so easy to read everyone's blog updates! I hope you'll come by and visit my blog soon! Your bloggy friend, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa!!! I am so excited you found me too, now I can follow you again!!!! I didn't know you were over here. I made the switch after HSB made there big system switch - it was so hard to figure out, so a friend came over and showed me how to use Blogger. It is so much simpler.
    I look forward to reading your blog!
    Love,
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete