Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Salted Caramel Latte



I had only heard about this yummy sounding coffee treat and yet it was making my mouth water thinking about it! I scoured the internet for a recipe and the closest I could come was this copycat version of Starbuck's 'Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate'. Sounded yummy, but I really wanted to try the salted caramel latte; I decided to try making my own. So, I have been experimenting with different proportions and ingredients over the last few weeks and think I have come up with a pretty tasty latte (but please keep in mind that I have not actually tried a coffeehouse version).
Okay, so start with 1/2 cup of milk, half and half, or cream (I used half and half) and add two good tablespoons of brown sugar (I tried caramel sauce but it took way more to get it sweet enough and I just don't keep it on hand, besides I really liked the taste of the brown sugar better anyways). Microwave (about 1 minute) or heat in a pan until nice and steamy. Add 1 cup of freshly brewed, very strong coffee and blend, in a blender (I used my Bullet Blender that I got for Christmas) or with a blender stick, until nice and frothy. Pour into coffee mug and add a couple dashes of salt to stir in and then top with another dash or two to sit on the foam (or whipped cream if want). You will probably want to adjust the salt to your own taste preferences, and if you get too much just add a little more brown sugar to counter it.
Voile! There you have it folks! Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment